In the News
- California faces a tough test to tame its unquenchable thirst for water (Washington Post, May 21, 2015)
- Oil spill cleanup in Santa Barbara County becomes expert-only job (San Francisco Chronicle, May 21, 2015)
- Fontana Man Charged in Illegal Recycling Haul: Busted at border for beverage container fraud (CalRecycle, May 11, 2015)
- State of Recycling in California
- Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling
California businesses are required to start recycling their organic waste by April 1, 2016, depending on the amount of waste they generate each week. By 2016, local jurisdictions must have an organic waste recycling program in place for those businesses. See our Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling page for more information.
- 2015-16 Budget Change Proposals
CalRecycle has several budget change proposals (BCP) under legislative consideration for Fiscal Year 2015-16. Please direct your inquiries to our Office of Legislative and External Affairs (916) 341-6283.
and the Environment Initiative
CalRecycle is helping to secure our recycling future by strengthening environmental awareness in the classroom. Learn more about the California Education and the Environment Initiative!
- Top 10 Tips to Cut Your Waste Down to Size
- California's 75 Percent Initiative
California’s new goal--recycle 75 percent of our solid waste by 2020. Join us!